Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Love, Kids, and Valentines


I remember the excitement Valentines Day always brought me when I was little. My mom always had boxes of chocolates for us and cards with wonderful things inside...a kitten bookmark, a pressed flower. Those tiny items dazzled my kid brain.

At school, we were lucky enough to have lavish parties. School parties were divine; cupcakes and suckers, lacy paper hearts, sharing your valentines, lots of laughing.

I always dressed in pink and red for Valentines Day, I still do. The big difference is that now I get to host the sweet little Valentine party.

These days I'm a bit more health conscious. This year we are having sliced banana with peanut butter garnish and raisins, popcorn, apple juice adorned with silly heart shaped crazy straws, and one sweet little organic sucker.

In the name of love, I decided that it might be cute to ask all those sweet little people just what Valentines Day means to them. Their answers aren't always what you might expect, but dang they're cute.


Malik age 3 - "Toys...I hide my eyes, I get candy. Ya, it's good."


Juliette age 6 - "It means that I love my family, and valentines means that my heart is telling me to love other people, and I love the way I know they love me when they look at me."


Anabel age 4 - "I don't know. Oooh, just like plates. Nothing on them. Just one lollyop. No cards, I already have cards, I don't need them."


Zachary age 5 - "It's when you put up stickers on your windows."


Chase age 4 - It's a party at school and handing out cards and bubbles because we love our friends."


Emily age 4 - "It means that we love mom and dad and we have to make them a card."



Sean age 5 - "Hugs, kisses, and candy."


Jayda age 5 - "A day for valentines goodies."


Tanner age 3 - "Love Mommy."


Jacob age 7 - "You give something to Mom."


I think they all did a marvelous job of summing up Valentines Day! I certainly hope yours is filled with love, hugs, and candy. :)




2 comments:

  1. Sarah, Of all your posts, this is my favorite. We should all have such beautiful stories told about us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I commented on the wrong post, but I like this one, too!

      Delete