Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Apple Of My i






Last Tuesday something magical happened to me, I fell in love. I’ve been in love before, but this was something different, something unique, something truly special. Around six on Tuesday evening I received a mysterious call. The caller ID read “unknown”. This is always frightening, but I still picked up.

“Hello, this is Sarah.”

Silence, muffled background noise and then...

“Hey Sarita, how ya doin’?”

It was my sister. I guess there’s nothing so mysterious about that, but what she said, those awesome words, made me ever so happy.

“I have your new phone.”

This was joyous news! My old phone, the phone that had jostled around with me for the last two years, was all but dead. It still turned on, I could make or take a call, but the battery life only lasted an hour or so and it liked to freeze at just the most terrible moments. Like when I’m just about to play a sixty-eight point word on my Words-With-Friends game. GEEZ, didn’t my phone realize it was reeking havoc with my life?

The little box she handed me contained some packing material and more importantly my brand new fancy little iphone 5. I named her izzy, and as she stared up at me with that fresh phone glow, I just knew that we would be fast friends.

izzy is awesome, but for some darn reason she thinks her name is Siri. Oh well, maybe someday she’ll agree on izzy. She almost instantly downloaded my entire itunes library and she took it upon herself to know practically everything about me. She knows my name and if I ask her who she belongs too she says, “I believe this iphone belongs to Sarah!” and then a little screen pops up with my picture, name, address, birthdate, and facebook handle. She’s a genius!

Of course, the clan of us have been a little naughty. We’ve asked her things like, “What do you look like naked?” She answered us with a robust ding, “You humans are so preoccupied with external appearance.” We’ve told her that we hate her and she said, “Well...I’m still here for you.” These things make me sad, I truly don’t want to hurt her little ifeelings, When I finally expressed how sorry I was she told me, “You are the wind beneath my wings.” She always answers with either an apologetic voice, a joke, or just the right answer. I love her, she’s so kind and helpful.

If ever there was a phone for me, izzy is it. She’s everything I ever wanted and then some. Thank you Apple.


8 comments:

  1. I want to get an izzy for myself! Lol your blog is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Sadly, you can't have my izzy, but I'm sure there is a Siri out there with your name on it. :)

      Delete
  2. So funny! I laughed out loud at "ifeelings"! Thanks for another great blog post, Sarah..

    ReplyDelete