Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Katrina Parker, In And Out Of The Dark




I first saw Katrina Parker with the rest of America when she hit “The Voice” stage during the blind auditions in 2012. Her dress was classic and gorgeous, but her voice knocked me out. Those sexy, sultry, and electric vocals brought Joan Osborne’s One Of Us to life. http://youtu.be/gKTXkztmAsY The intelligent and pretty-easy-on-the-eyes Mr. Adam Levine turned his chair and the rest is history. Katrina has been making beautiful music via my iTunes ever since.




Her nothing less than stellar rendition of Jar Of Hearts has made every playlist I’ve ever made since it’s purchase. http://youtu.be/P72haOkymLU


I was extremely excited when Katrina announced the release of her new single In And Out Of The Dark and I ran to iTunes to buy it. http://youtu.be/-iYYUBRYgus I haven't been able to stop listening to it ever since. Again, she knocks the vocal out into the hemisphere. 

Then Ms. Parker wowed me once again, but this time not with her voice, but with her heart and cool-ass moxy when she posted this moving statement on her Tumblr account.

"Anyone uncomfortable with the idea of seeing a plus size woman onstage, in a magazine or on their TV needs to get with the program and look inward to figure out WHY they’re uncomfortable with that (because I can guarantee it’s not about the object of their discomfort). There is an undeniable shift happening right now (it’s slow but steady). Women can be plus sized and wear beautiful things…they can be plus sized and entertain…they can be plus sized and be as glamorous as anyone else…so people need to make peace with that fact and get on the train before it leaves the station."


Katrina's full album In And Out Of The Dark is set to be released on September 10th of this year and it is available for preorder on iTunes. I can't wait, my playlist is so happy to be getting a lot more Katrina Parker!



4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love her too. I loved the voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can be so bold, like MLK, I too have a dream. I have a dream that someday women will love and support each other, will hold each others' hopes and dreams in reverence and lift each others' spirits. Discriminating, bullying and sniping other women about their bodies, faces, hair, makeup, words, choices, etc.etc. only makes us appear stupid and condemns women to a desperate state of dependence on men, giving men ultimate power over us. It is past time to recognize and embrace the beauty in all women. Thank you, Sarah, for a timely and compelling post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely said Justine! Thanks for such wonderfulness! Amen, may we come together as the great force that we are and can be!

      Delete
  3. BTW!!! This album rocks!!!!!! I love it!!!!!! Go buy it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete