Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thank You Olivia


I saw my first Olivia concert at the age of 8 with my bestie Amber. Our moms surprised us with tickets for our birthdays and we were beyond excited.

Peering down at that far far away stage, my little legs dangling as they danced to the beat, I felt as if every dream I'd ever had in my whole eight years on Earth was coming true.

I gazed entranced, as Olivia sang with her angelic voice. I was awed by her ability to sing while jumping rope. At 8 I knew all about jump ropes, that was hard stuff.

She was simply amazing. I wanted to be her when I grew up. I was utterly in love, obsessed really, with everything Olivia after that. 



No family get together or neighborhood BBQ could be complete (or so I believed) without my lip synced rendition of Olivia's Greatest Hits Volume 2 or "acted out" scene from Grease.

There was the school talent show in which I sung Tuta La Vita complete with Oliviaesque sailer back ground dancers. Cheese cannot even begin to explain my adolescent-I-want-to- be-a-Newton-John-fantasy. 

How fun, and what a terrific cheerful humanitarian role model she was and still is. I see her as a beam of happiness illuminating moments of my life with song. Thanks Olivia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment