Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Believe In Santa Claus

I love Santa Claus. I know that most people really do love Santa, but I'm gaga.

I love the idea that he represents. You see Santa is real, very real! Santa is the spirit of giving without getting anything in return.

There is nothing like seeing a child's magical wonder as they spy the half eaten cookies and milk that were lovingly left for the red suited man, or the delight as they check-out their overflowing stockings. Santa brings mystery and excitement to us all. I think I even love him more as an adult!

I have compiled a list of my absolute favorite Santa Claus movies. The ones I try to catch year after year because they are so special to me. They are in no particular ranking because I love them all...here we go!

1. One Magic Christmas - Will Ginny discover the spirit of Christmas before it's too late?

2. Santa Claus The Movie - Can Dudley Moore let go of his envy and save the day?

3. The Santa Clause - Becoming Santa isn't all it's cracked up to be, or is it?

4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - A classic treat. Great to watch while you're stringing popcorn.

5. This was my mom's favorite and so it reminds me of watching it with her for the very first time.

6. How The Grinch Stole Christmas - I can't even say how many times I've seen this. I love narration and I think this movie is the reason why.

7. The Year Without A Santa Claus - Nostalgia at its best. This one is awesome to watch while stringing those cranberries.

8. Elf - Well because it is wonderful!

9. All I Want For Christmas - A little jaunt about the meaning of Christmas.

10. The Polar Express - Visually stunning, a sleepy tale that warms my heart.

So these are my picks. Did any of yours make my list? What Santa Claus movies do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment